29 Jan Your Philadelphia Break Room Is More Important Than Ever
The break room can change a Philadelphia employee’s workplace experience. A well-designed break room that offers popular snacks, beverages, and fresh food is a place for relaxation, spontaneous interaction between colleagues, and creativity. It’s also a spot to grab a bite to eat or drink. Even though the impact of COVID-19 has substantially decreased break room visits, micro-markets and vending machines still have an important role to play.
It’s clear that each Philadelphia employer will approach their place of business differently and on a timetable that fits their unique organization.
Promoting CDC recommended guidelines for “healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing and employees wearing a cloth face covering, as feasible” as well as encouraging social distancing and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily are just a few behaviors employers will likely be recommending.
Discover Your Break Room
Break rooms with a micro-market or vending machines are also a tool that Philadelphia employers can use to support social distancing and fewer in-person interactions. For example,
- Micro-markets and vending machines offer cashless or touchless payment options including mobile payments and are great for grab-and-go situations.
- To use a micro-market, employees scan their snack or beverage; scan their smartphone or swipe a debit/credit card; and walk away.
- To use a vending machine, employees touch the machine once; scan their smartphone or swipe a debit/credit card; and walk away.
- Both micro-markets and vending machines are open 24/7, keeping employees onsite during their workday.
- Staying on-site helps employees avoid unknown environments.
Employers should also consider healthy options on their break room menu. Eating healthy is more important than ever. Healthier ingredients like fruits and vegetables provide the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that the human body needs to support the immune system. Bottled water and other healthy beverages keep the body hydrated and moving more efficiently.
Don’t Forget the Fun
But it is also wise to offer traditional options that are “fun” or provide a mental boost such as chocolate and other snacks. Most Philadelphia employees have been under prolonged stress. While eating healthy is important, a favorite snack or beverage can offer an emotional or mental pick-me-up. Offering a balance options will help employees find the products they need when they want them.
For more information about our safety practices or upgrading your refreshment menu or break room space to include a micro-market or vending machines, please contact One Source Refreshment at 800-549-3190.